Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Special 5th Birthday!

Dear  5-year-old Mackenna Joy,

From the moment you made me a mommy, you have changed my life all for the better.  We chose your middle name long before we knew exactly how fitting it would be for you.  You are such a joyful little girl and you really do bring SO much joy to my life! 

You are silly, creative, imaginative, game for anything, tender-hearted, out-going, sweet, inquisitive, so intelligent, fun, and helpful.  Just about five months ago, a new quality emerged from you that we had not yet realized was there.  Brave...and courageous!  You have been dealt a difficult hand, sweet girl.  One that I cannot take from you, although I SO wish that I could.  Diabetes is now a part of you.  And it stinks...really stinks!  The Bible says that in ALL things, God works forthe good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28), and although I had a hard time seeing any good in that hospital room five months ago, I now see His goodness every day when I look at you.  You are amazing.  You are brave.  You are strong.  You are healthy.  And you are His!

Happy 5th birthday, Sugar Booger!  I love you.  I'm SO proud of you.  And I am incredibly humbled that God gave you to ME!

Love your biggest fan,
Mommy

 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment