Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby L--16 days new

Parenting is not easy.  (Kind of a strange way to start a newborn blogpost, I know...bear with me for a minute.)  One of the things that makes parenting easier is doing it alongside others who support and encourage you through it.  My husband is an amazing daddy and I am SO glad we are journeying through this parenting thing together.  Our kids have incredible grandparents who are loving and supportive. 

But God has blessed me with another parenting comrade as well.  This friend of mine has the same values and hopes for her children as I do for mine.  She loves my kiddos like her own and I would do anything for hers as well.  She has strengths where I have weaknesses, and I learn how to be a better mommy when I am around her.  We can get our kids together to play...knowing that it's alright if we haven't showered in days...it's alright if our house is a disaster...it's alright if we're crabby and having one of those days.  We can be real about how hard parenting is...listen to each other's stories about lack of sleep, our kids' owies, and how much is not getting done off of our to-do lists...and we can laugh about it.  We know this time is short and precious...so we'll gobble it up together. 

God KNEW I would need this friend in my life and He has made it apparent by the children he has blessed each of our families with.  Here's what I mean:  Our daughters are both four and consider one another their BFFs.  Our sons turned two within weeks of each other.  And now...our baby boys (who had due dates about a month apart) will grow up together as well. 

And so when I took these photos of Baby L, I kind of felt like I was taking photos of my own little guy's future best friend.  They haven't met yet...but in about a week, they will! 

Welcome to the family, Baby L!  I love you like my own, and am so glad that I'm going to watch you grown into all that God has planned for you! 



 
 


 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment